Thursday, February 5, 2009

And the baby’s name is…

We started driving to Utah on Tuesday at about 4pm. Everything was going great, we made it to Vegas, had a nice dinner and kept on driving. At about Saint George I started having contractions. Oh boy, did it hurt! It was hard to get comfortable sitting in the packed to the brim car and the contractions were only getting stronger. We decided to stop for gas and to empty our bladders. After I got back to the car the contractions subsided and… a miracle we could keep on driving. Everything was going well more or less until we got to Spanish Fork where I started to scream with pain. Max and Sophia were such good sports and kept on consoling me, I think I scared them a bit. Anyway, turned out that instead of rushing to a nearest hospital all I needed was to empty my bladder again. Aaron was really looking forward to doing some major speeding and when he got pulled over use the excuse “my wife is in labor!”. Sorry hun not this time. We are safely in Lehi hanging out at “Grandma’s” house and are going to see our new obstetrician today. We'll keep you posted on any new events.

5 comments:

Kimberly and Jonathan Bradbury said...

You little tease! Lol! Glad you made it safely though.

Adam and Michelle Bradbury said...

Oh my goodness, Galima. You are some super trooper prego woman. I think Aaron owes you a huge new baby gift this time.

Hopefully you have a few days to settle in and we will be excited to hear the news soon.

jamie said...

i think you left soemthing out of that post...like the name!!! ;) come on i hope you have that kid soon and everything goes well. glad you made it up there safely too!

Adam and Michelle Bradbury said...

Ok, So here's the deal, I'm not being conceded here, just making an observation. #1 is a boy named Joseph, #2 is a beautiful girl named kay and #3 is a much more handsome and slight taller little boy named Edward. Come fly with me before you have another kid, we'll pull some serious G's and make sure you get an adorable girl for #4 whom you can name Lauryn McKenzie.

Ok, am I a bad uncle because I can't remember if Sophie's middle name is Kay? A minor detail that can be adjusted in the Uintah County Courthouse - just as Kellie. Congratulations from the other side of the world.

uncle addie.

Adam and Michelle Bradbury said...

PS - I think my wife just called you super prego or something like that. I think you should have a talk with her. Just saying, that's not very polite. True or not it's not very polite.

ad